Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Psalms of King David, Secrets to His Success!

14:2-7  "The Lord looks down from heaven on all man-kind to see if there are any who are wise; who want to please God.  But no, all have strayed away; all are rotten with sin.  Not one is good, not one!  They eat my people like bread and wouldn't think of praying!  Don't they really know any better?  Terror shall grip them, for God is with those who love Him.  He is the refuge of the poor and humble when evildoers are oppressing them.  Oh, that the time of their rescue were already here, that God would come from Zion now to save His people.  What gladness when the Lord has rescued Israel!

15:1-5 "Lord, who may go and find refuge and shelter in your tabernacle up on your holy hill?  Anyone who leads a blameless life and is truly sincere.  Anyone who refuses to slander others does not listen to gossip, never harms his neighbor, speaks out against sin, criticizes those committing it, commends the faithful followers of the Lord, keeps a promise even if it ruins him, does not crush his debtors with high interest rates, and refuses to testify against the innocent despite the bribes offered him - such a man shall stand firm forever.

16:5  "The Lord Himself is my inheritance, my prize.  He is my food and drink, my highest Joy! He guards all that is mine.

16:8-11  "I am always thinking of the Lord; and because He is so near, I never need to stumble or to fall.  Heart, body, and soul are filled with joy.  For you will not leave me among the dead; you will not allow your beloved One [Jesus] to rot in the grave.  You have let me experience the joys of life and the exquisite pleasures of your own eternal presence."

17  "I am pleading for your help, O Lord; for I have been honest and have done what is right, and you must listen to my earnest cry!  Publicly acquit me, Lord, for you are always fair.  You have tested me and seen that I am good; You have come even in the night and found nothing amiss and know that I have told the truth.  I have followed your commands and have not gone along with cruel and evil men.  My feet have not slipped from your paths.  Why am I praying like this?  Because I know you will answer me.  O God!  Yes, listen as I pray.  Show me your strong love in wonderful ways, O Savior of all those seeking your help against their foes.  Protect me as you would the pupil of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings as you hover over me.  My enemies encircle me with murder in their eyes.  They are pitiless and arrogant.  Listen to their boasting.  They close in upon me and are ready to throw me to the ground.  They are like lions eager to tear me apart, like young lions hiding and waiting their chance.  Lord, arise and stand against them.  Push them back!  Come and save me from those men of the world whose only concern is earthly gain -  these men whom you have filled with your treasures so that their children and grandchildren are rich and prosperous.  But as for me, my contentment is not in wealth but in seeing you and knowing all is well between us.  And when I awake in heaven, I will be fully satisfied, for I will see you face to face."

Amen.

----------------------------------------
The writings of King David is timeless with a twinge of prophecy.  Just as Jesus said, much of what we see in the world now are just initial birth pangs.  God revealed details to John through sight and sound; so that he can record it; which he did in the book of Revelation.  Where was I in the Bible when my little time travel occurred?  Old Testament.  Must have been.  I felt a little twinge of the supernatural, but perhaps it's because I am a science fiction buff.  So, the feeling of time,....I am not familiar with.  I can't even describe it because I don't understand the technology.  Just like when God speaks, His voice is not bouncing against the air molecules, but He speaks; and I know it is Him.  I do not believe the so called beginning of the end of the world will occur in my lifetime.  There is no way tech advances like that could occur in one lifetime!  After this incident, I had to take a break from Biblical prophecy.  It was too intense.  I had my socks knocked off of me.  So, reading the Psalms is refreshing and bit more down to earth for me.

June 6, 2012:  I finally found the verse which best fit my illustration.  It is Matthew 24:29 during which at some future time "the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light...."  And yet, there were buildings, moving vehicles, and an all around sense that the future is far, far away just by comparing the differences between our time now and that of the future.  The technology is much more advanced, but I can not describe it in exact detail because I have forgotten all of what was revealed to me during my reading of Scripture in the OT.  My memory of it is just a dark blurr.  But I do vividly recall the darkness of that time.  Even during the day, there will be no light. Since a Polar day would not make sense at all cause it only occurs within the small, not all inclusive, polar circle for about 6 months out of a 12 month year.  Inorder for the entire earth to experience darkness 24/7 all year long, even during what should have been daytime, verse 29 in Matthew chapter 24 is a better fit.  I believe by reading the Word of God, I got close enough to receive His message that the beginning of the end is not today.  And instead of worrying about it or living life as if the end is near, I should take this time to smell the roses; share the gospel of hope and abundant life to those who are ready to accept Jesus.  Enjoy God's gift of life, here on present-day earth.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment