Saturday, July 9, 2011

Daniel 11:29

Keeping in mind...

"For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12

"for through Him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see - such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through Him and for Him." Colossians 1:16

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love." Romans 8:38

"Now Christ has gone to heaven. He is seated in the place of honor next to God, and all the angels and authorities and powers accept His authority." 1 Peter 3:22

The verses in Daniel 11 troubled me.  I first began a more in-depth study of Daniel through one of Beth Moore's Bible study classes.  It was my understanding that the first part of Daniel 11 is about a historical figure by the name of Antiochus Epiphanies IV.  The second part is suppose to describe future events that will be fulfilled by the anti-Christ.  But for days, something was bothering me.  And I needed to find it out.

What I struggled with in Daniel 11 is this:  where in the text does the unfulfilled portion of end-time prophesy begin?

As I was mulling over Revelation 9:16, this verse led me to the biblical verses on spiritual warfare or principalities of the unseen world.  According to the angelic messenger sent to the prophet Daniel by God, these principalities rule in parallel with an earthly ruler; who could be just as evil and Godless as the demonic spirit that oversees him/her. 

Daniel 11:29 intrigues me.

At times, when I'm stuck about something written in the Holy Bible, I ask the Lord to help me understand it.  He always supply abundant amount of wisdom.  So, in my prayer, I asked Him for wisdom.  "I need  wisdom," I said. 

Not really knowing if my prayer was answered, but BELIEVING that in scripture, He gives wisdom to those who ask it, I believe He has heard me.  In His own timing, He will put that wisdom to use in order to glorify Him. 

Therefore, these few days, I've been fixated on Daniel 11 beginning with verse 29:  "Then at the appointed time he will once again ...."

I am thinking, hypothesizing,... that the person in question found in verse 29 is the anti-Christ. 

Is it possible that Daniel 11:29 is the boundary line that separates the past that was already fulfilled from the future, that has yet to be fulfilled through the anti-Christ?

Here is where I am.  For now, in my study, I will presume, the past ends at Daniel 11:28 and the future begins with Daniel 11:29.  The two "anti-Christ" figures are very similar.  I believe it was Beth Moore of Living Proof Ministry who said God is teaching us about future events using past events.

My [and your] God is the almighty God, and He is my one and only God. 

I study on....

No comments:

Post a Comment